The Wisconsin Institute for Healthy Aging is a partnership of public and private organizations that advances the research, dissemination and delivery of evidence-based community-based programs that encourage healthy living among older adults. This is an 80-100% position, with full benefits (health, retirement, holidays and PTO) and will be located in Madison, on the far east side. On bus line. Free parking available. More information about WIHA can be found at www.wihealthyaging.org
1. Support Health Care Referral Systems to Evidence-Based Health Promotion Programs
• Provide administrative support to WIHA staff working with health care systems and counties to implementing
and track referral systems into health promotion programs.
• Prepare tracking systems for health systems
• Prepare tracking systems for community-based organization partners
• Design and prepare regular reports
• Provide administrative support to the development of learning community around referrals
• Set up and plan logistics for meetings
2. Assist Director of Leader Development
• Handle event and meeting logistics and planning.
• Staff events through preparing materials, note-taking, follow-up
• Electronic outreach through managing listserv and website
• Updating, editing, and circulating documents, revising based on feedback
• Assist in innovative ideas to better engage and support statewide program facilitators
3. Assist Director of Business Development
• Build and maintain the business intelligence database, including market data, relationships data and other information/data.
• Prepare County and State Health Profiles, using county, state and national data and reports.
• Provide support and coordination for business development projects with prospective and current clients.
4. Assist Director of Communications & Community Relations
• Write, design, publish materials for print and electronic platforms
• Manage social media presence
• Manage logistics for WIHA’s Healthy Aging Summit and other events
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field with an interest in Aging, Public Health, Health Promotion or equivalent experience.
2. At least three years’ experience in project management.
3. Experience with data management and data systems
4. Experience in graphic and web design, layout and production
5. Experience managing social media.
6. Experience with diverse and underserved populations.
7. Strong written and speaking skills.
8. Familiarity with evidence-based health promotion programs
9. Familiarity with Wisconsin’s aging and public health networks
10. Experience with non-profit, health or social service agencies
COMPENSATION: Dependent on experience.
Submit required materials, all as attachments, by e-mail to email@example.com.
In SUBJECT LINE, please type:
YOUR LAST NAME, YOUR FIRST NAME: WIHA PROJECT SPECIALIST APPLICATION.
1. Resume 2. One design sample; and 3.Cover letter, maximum two pages, specifically outlining how you meet the qualifications listed above.
Applications that do not submit the required materials will not be considered.
DEADLINE: May 27, 2016, 12:00 Noon. No exceptions.
WIHA is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals from communities of color encouraged to apply.