PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COORDINATOR
• Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field.
• Exceptional candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and substantial and relevant work experience will be considered. Evidence of training and/or coursework in educational leadership, multicultural education, instructional coaching, or adult education is preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in PreK-12 public education required.
• Experience designing, managing, and delivering professional learning programs in or related to PreK-12 education required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of effective practices in adult learning specifically in relationship to the areas of racial equity, minority student achievement, multicultural education, equity literacy, culturally responsive curriculum & instruction, and/or equity-focused school leadership.
• Experience collaborating, co-planning, and co-facilitating with other staff; ability to effectively communicate and problem-solve with colleagues and supervisors.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to organize and deliver information to suit the needs of diverse audiences; ability to work independently and manage work load to meet outside deadlines and expectations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent facilitation skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively; to be flexible and adaptable to change; to work collaboratively in a team environment, particularly in a virtual or on-line capacity.
The position is located within the Minority Student Achievement Network (MSAN), part of the Wisconsin Center for Education Research. The Coordinator of Professional Learning will facilitate/organize MSAN’s professional development agenda to meet the growing needs of the 29 school districts that comprise the network.
DESIGN AND COORDINATION OF PROFESSIONAL LEARNING (60%)
• Work collaboratively with MSAN staff, professional educators from across MSAN districts, and researchers to organize and facilitate professional learning activities geared toward teachers, administrators, and other school personnel, integrating adult learning principles and research on teacher professional development into each.
• Work collaboratively with MSAN staff, professional educators from across MSAN districts, and experts in the area of youth development to organize and facilitate equity-focused student leadership development training for high school students from across MSAN districts.
• Maintain a strong knowledge base of best practices and standards for adult learning within the PreK-12 environment.
• Serve as primary liaison between the Executive Director, district planning team members, and the WCER Business Office regarding the planning and implementation of MSAN professional learning activities.
• Engage social media/technology as a means of promoting and enhancing professional learning across MSAN districts; develop and deliver on-line or web-based training materials and resources to member districts.
• Experience with fundraising efforts highly desirable. Work with other MSAN, WCER, and School of Education staff to oversee the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (40%)
• Work with MSAN Outreach Specialist to prepare communication documents to share with MSAN districts and other educational organizations (website, fliers, monthly email blasts, etc.) relative to professional learning opportunities.
• Work with district planning team to develop conference agenda, program, materials, and evaluation.
• Administer a continuous improvement process to ensure innovative, high quality content and delivery methods for MSAN’s professional learning offerings.
Application Deadline: July 13, 2016
For more information and how to apply online:
In order to apply, applications must be submitted online at https://uwjobapply.wisc.edu/Apply.aspx?pvl=86913
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter to Madeline Hafner describing your qualfications, a resume, and a list of professional references.
Questions about the position can be directed to:
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.