Upper Iowa University, a four year not-for profit university, is conducting a search for an Admissions Recruiter in Madison, WI.
The Admissions Recruiter is responsible for the active recruitment and admissions advising of prospective students and serves as a representative of Upper Iowa Universities academic programs at outside recruiting events and open houses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Advise prospective applicants about Upper Iowa University’s academic and admission requirements.
• Represent the University at career and education fairs.
• Participate in outreach events such as open houses, information sessions, and “lunch and learn” type events at businesses.
• Organize and conduct orientations and campus visits.
• Cultivate and manage a geographic recruitment territory.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF YEARS
AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 1 year prior experience in admissions and recruiting at a college or university is preferred.
• Proven ability to work with individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
• Occasional evening and weekend work required.
• Strong oral and written communications skills, significant public speaking experience, and excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Work independently and within a team.
• Experience with adult students in a non-traditional learning environment is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of Madison area is essential
• Bachelor’s degree required.
Send cover letter, resume and contact information for (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference open position: Admissions Recruiter – Madison. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Upper Iowa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer