January 9, 2015
Join Urban League graduates of the Foundations Work Readiness Academy in completing the first step on the path to finding a job and starting your career.
Find out what the Urban League of Greater Madison can offer YOU this year! Join the hundreds of community members who have found jobs and started their careers through the Urban League’s FREE career services. Here is one Urban League graduate’s experience:
“I was out of work because of the housing crash. I had no cash. I barely had a place to live. One of my kids asked for a pair of shoes and I had no idea where I was going to get the money. The instructors and family at the Urban League gave me all of the help that I needed. I am now employed at Meriter Medical Group.”
Are you looking for current job openings?
- The Urban League is hiring! Join the Urban League team by applying online at www.ulgm.org for our Employment Specialist, Fund Development Associate or Grant Writing Specialist positions.
- January 13th, 1:30pm at 2222 S. Park Street: Madison Public Works Featured Employer Seminar: Looking for a job that is outdoors and requires physical activity? Come to the City of Madison Public Works’ Featured Employer Seminar to learn about openings for housing maintenance, seasonal labor and aquatics positions. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to speak directly with city staff members!
- January 28th, 5:30pm at 2222 S. Park Street: TDS Telecom Featured Employer Seminar: TDS Telecom is looking for people to fill call center, sales representative, marketing, financial services, and customer service positions! Staff from TDS Telecom will be on hand!
Are you looking to improve your skills to find a job?
- Attend one of the Urban League’s information sessions on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of every month at 2222 S. Park Street and join others like you in taking the first step on the path to increasing your income and creating the life you want.
- If you enjoy working with tools and doing physical labor work, the FREE Foundations for the Trades Academy can help connect YOU with a job in the construction, plumbing, electrical, or related trade fields. Please call Jane Moy at 608-729-1200 to sign up for an information session or to learn more.
- The Urban League’s FREE Customer Service and Sales Academy (CSSA) will begin mid-January for individuals looking for a job as a Call Center, Customer Service, or Sales Representative and more! Attend one of the Urban League’s information sessions or call 608-729-1200.
Urban League of Greater Madison, 2222 South Park Street, Madison, WI 53713.
For questions, contact Lauren Andraski at 608-729-1239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.