MADISON — The Urban League of Greater Madison today announced that C. Wade Harrison, Esq., an Attorney with Godfrey and Khan law firm was elected as chair of the Urban League of Greater Madison Board of Directors. Harrison succeeds Darrell Bazzell, UW-Madison Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration.
The League also announced three new Directors who were elected to serve three-year terms:
• Brenda Gonzalez, Community Marketing Equity Manager with Group Health Cooperative – South Central Wisconsin
• Michael Ritter, Project Manager with Tri-North Builders
• Angela Russell, Health Equity Coordinator with Public Health Madison & Dane County
"The expertise and passion that these three bring to the board, combined with the expertise of our existing board members will be key as the Urban League further ramps up its efforts to realize the vision of making Greater Madison the best place in the Midwest for everyone to live, learn, and work," said President &CEO Kaleem Caire.
The three new directors join a 21-member board that oversees the Urban League Greater Madison's strategic direction. In addition to these new directors:
• Kevin Conroy, President & CEO of Exact Sciences was re-elected as Vice Chair
• Daniel O'Callaghan, Esq, Attorney with Michael Best & Friedrich LLP was elected as Treasurer
• Beth Curley,Regional Director, Southern Wisconsin & Regional Senior Vice President with BMO Private Bank was elected Assistant Treasurer
• James Gallegos, Vice President and General Counsel with Alliant Energy Corporation was elected Secretary
• David Cagigal, Chief Information Officer for the State of Wisconsin was re-elected to serve a third, three-year term.
Bios are available at www.ulgm.org/board.