MADISON, Wis. – Overture announced its 2016/17 Broadway and Overture Presents season, which brings more than 100 performances to downtown Madison.
The Broadway season:
• Twelve years after it premiered in Madison, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Phantom of the Opera is back in Cameron Mackintosh’s new production and tour, which launched in 2013. The show opens at Overture Center on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 for a two-week engagement.
• Appearing for the first time in Madison from October 4-9, 2016 is Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella, a Tony Award® winning show.
• Also making their Wisconsin Premiere during Thanksgiving week in 2016 is The Illusionists™ – Live From Broadway™, which The New York Times calls “A High-tech Magic Extravaganza.”
• Jersey Boys, Tony Award® winner for Best Musical, brings the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons back to Overture Center in January 2017 for a one week engagement.
• Opening its one-week engagement on March 21, 2017 is Best Revival Tony Award® winning Cabaret, the classic musical direct from Broadway and award-winning Roundabout Theatre Company’s 50th anniversary season.
• Back by popular demand, The Book of Mormon, which played a sold out, one-week premiere run in 2015, returns to Madison in May 2017 for one week only.
• Closing the 2016/17 Broadway season with its first Overture appearance is the inspiring true story of a star’s remarkable rise in the music industry, Beautiful – The Carole King Musical, a two-time Tony Award® winner in 2014.