MADISON — La Movida 1480AM will celebrate Madison’s 4th annual Hispanic Heritage Luncheon in October.
In observance of National Hispanic Heritage Month and in remembrance of the important contributions Latinos have bestowed upon our communities throughout the history of this nation, WLMV – La Movida 1480AM, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, along with The Latino Chamber of Commerce, are pleased to announce the celebration scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 14, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Fitchburg Community Center, 5510 Lacy Rd. This event will be hosted by attorney Mario Mendoza of Murphy Desmond Lawyers.
Important leaders and representatives of local Latino and non-Latino institutions are expected including special guests, City of Madison Mayor Paul Soglin and City of Fitchburg Mayor Shawn Pfaff. Also, the following distinguished individuals and entities will be recognized during the luncheon for their contributions. WLMV- La Movida 1480AM, Mid-West Family Broadcasting and The Latino Chamber of Commerce are proud to highlight their achievements.
• Community Institution of the Year: Madison Gas and Electric, Annette Miller, Gerardo Paz, Mario García Sierra and Mayra Medrano.
• Community Leader of the Year: Julia Arata Frata, President of the Latino Chamber of Commerce
• Making a Difference Award: Romilia E. Schlueter, Quality Improvement Specialist of Supporting Families Together Association
• Hispanic Achievement of the Year: Officer Marisol López, Police Officer of Sun Prairie Police Department
• Hispanic Entrepreneurs of the Year: Juan Pérez, Owner of La Rosita Latina grocery store
La Movida 1480AM is also broadcasting special programming throughout Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, in which local Latino personalities will be featured.
La Movida 1480AM and Mid-West Family Broadcasting would like to acknowledge our sponsors: Latino Chamber of Commerce, US Cellular, Smart Motors, Wild East Towne Honda, Black Hawk Technical College, Voz Latina Newspaper, Abuelos Mexican Restaurant, La Rosita Latina, Aaron Halstead, Brides n Belles, and Rogans Shoes.
Each year, the United States honors the contributions that Latinos have made to the nation with a Hispanic Heritage Month celebration that runs from September 15 thru October 15. This annual celebration was first established by the US Congress on September 17, 1968, with a weeklong event. In 1988, President Ronald Reagan expanded this celebration to a month.
For more information about this event, contact or email Lupita Montoto at (608) 441-3768 or at email@example.com. This is a FREE event with limited space! Please RSVP by calling Diane at 608 273-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 10.